Detailed Narrative Description of Project:
The Project consists of two components:
A. Irrigation component of the Casecnan Multipurpose Irrigation and Power Project involving the
- Development of new irrigation expansion area of about 30,500 hectares in Nueva Ecija and Tarlac; and
- Rehabilitation of existing irrigation and drainage facilities in the Upper Pampanga River Integrated Irrigation System.
B. Tarlac Groundwater Irrigation System Reactivation Project involving the
1. Construction of 50 deepwell pump irrigation subprojects in Tarlac;
2. Construction of irrigation facilities and rural roads;
3. Reactivation of existing deepwells for irrigation use; and
4. Preparation of training designs and manuals on the organization and management of irrigation service cooperatives, O&M of deepwell pumps and engines, water management for pump-irrigated farms, and cropping systems development.
Detailed Description of Actual Services Provided:
1. Detailed Engineering Design: Data gathering and survey & investigation; determination of design criteria and layout plans; detailed design plans of all structures and canal systems; quantity take off; and construction planning and cost estimation, including contract packing; and preparation of O&M plan
2. Pre-construction Services: Preparation of contract documents (detailed specifications, pre-qualification and contract documents); assistance to NIA for contractors’ pre-qualification, contractors’ site inspection; bid evaluation, etc.
3. Assistance to NIA for: contract management and supervision, and inspection, evaluation of construction claims and requests for variation orders and billing, review of as-built drawings, etc., and preparation of progress reports
4. Preparation of the final report.