Narrative Description of Project:
The Vietnamese Government formulated the “National Target Program to respond to Climate Change” in 2008, as a comprehensive national approach to climate change adaptation. In this program, the “promotion of scientific and technological activities” is listed as one of the most important aspects to achieve the climate change adaptation objective. To promote this, it is recognized that the creation of a continuous earth observation satellite system is essential to conduct monitoring, forecasting, and impact evaluation of climate change. The main part of the Project is the procurement of satellites including the development and provision of the associated urban infrastructure facilities such as water supply system, electricity, and other civil works, related equipment, as well as capacity development.
Description of Actual Services Provided in the Assignment:
1. Study and conduct detailed engineering design of the Vietnam National Space Center domestic water supply system and fire water supply system facilities;
2. Review existing data and information;
3. Discuss the overall concept, contents and method of the Study with counterpart agencies;
4. Conduct candidate site investigation;
5. Provide basic design report with drawings; and
6. Provide detailed design drawings, calculation sheets, and technical specifications.