Narrative Description of Project:The project will increase access to water supply and sanitation, improving the health and quality of life of the rural population in six selected provinces. It will also provide piped water and hygienic sanitation to about 350,000 people living in rural areas in about 30 communes in the six project provinces in the central coastal region of Viet Nam: Binh Dinh, Ha Tinh, Nghe An, Quang Binh, Quang Nam, and Thanh Hoa. The implementation will follow a community-based approach and will focus on (i) improving hygienic behavior, (ii) strengthening operation and maintenance of the water supply works, and (iii) monitoring and evaluation of the outputs and impacts of rural water supply and sanitation investments.
Detailed Description of Actual Services Provided:
2. Identify the area that may have UXO risks and take preventive, corrective actions;
3. Assist in the preparation of initial environmental examinations (IEEs) for each sub-project commune;
4. Review and assess the institutional capacity for environmental management of national and provincial levels and make recommendations for capacity building;
5. Help establish a land acquisition committee in each sub-project commune to assist and coordinated with government agencies on land and resettlement (LAR) activities;
6. Supervise all LAR activities to ensure compliance with the Project’s resettlement framework; and
7. Construction Supervision which includes the inspection of completed water supply facilities and post-commissioning operations to ensure the systems built meet design and quality standards.