Narrative Description of Project:
The proposed Segment 8.2 is intended to link C.P. Garcia Avenue to Segment 8.1 at Mindanao Ave. Segment 8.2 will utilize portion of right-of-way (ROW) alignments allotted for the existing Republic Avenue and Luzon Avenue.
Upon completion of Segment 8.2, it is expected that congestion of traffic in Metro Manila will be significantly reduced as this will provide a more direct link between NLEX and South Luzon Expressway (SLEX) via C5 road.
The main objective of the consulting services is to prepare the detailed engineering design for a 2 x 3 lane carriageway. Considering financial viability however, it is envisioned that stage construction shall be executed with 2 x 2 lanes in the initial stage, ultimately expanding to 2 x 3 lanes at a later period.
Description of Actual Services Provided:
The scope of work involves preparation of detailed engineering design of Segment 8.2 from Congressional Avenue to Mindanao Avenue.
The following summarizes the tasks to be performed by the Consultant:
- Review of the Pre-FS undertaken in 2011
- Review of traffic data to be provided by MNTC;
- Field surveys: reconnaissance, topographic, hydrographic, ROW and parcellary surveys;
- Geotechnical investigations;
- Detailed engineering design: alignment, pavement, structural, and drainage design;
- Construction methodology and project implementation schedule;
- Project cost estimate and technical specifications; and
- Evaluation of environmental and social impacts.
Additional scope of works includes preparation of an in-depth Social Impact Study. In order to basically have a deeper understanding of the current socio-cultural dynamics of the community multi-stakeholders along the alignment, an extensive desk research was done for data collection through key informant interviews (KIIs), focus group discussions (FGDs), community consultations, household survey, and site inspection. Preparation of a Conceptual Master Plan for Medium Rise Building (MRB) and Drive Through Animation.