Detailed Narrative Description of Project:
The strategic framework for tourism development which is the Philippine Tourism Master Plan has identified Pagudpud, Ilocos Norte as one of the priority areas for tourism development. The preliminary tourism development plan for Northern Luzon further classified Pagudpud, as well as its neighboring town of Bangui, as possible sites for the development of a resort center. As a result of these studies and recommendations, the Department of Tourism (DOT) realizes the need for the preparation of a master plan to provide an integrating framework for the development of a resort center and tourism promotion in the area. The study aims to identify and delineate specific areas of development in order to promote the area as an investment center for world class tourism in Region I.
Detailed Description of Actual Services Provided:
The Consultant’s scope of work included the following:
1. Analysis of existing conditions and inventory of physical resources;
2. Validation of the findings and recommendations of previous studies undertaken;
3. Identification and evaluation of specific infrastructure projects that can facilitate tourism development;
4. Preparation of site-specific land use plans and conceptual layouts;
5. Formulation of investment and marketing promotion program and strategies; and
6. Preparation of an overall implementation plan and schedule.